The Selfie at the Stream Contest runs from Opening Day to July 4, 2016. Selfie at the Stream is where social media and fly-fishing the 70-mile Laurel Highlands Trout Trail meet. Fly fishermen, women, and youth try out the Top Ten Streams, take a “Selfie” standing next to the Selfie at the Stream Sign and email your photo to LHtrouttrail@gmail.com Everyone who emails their photo will be entered to win fly-fishing prizes. See the photos from the 2015 season.
Laurel Highlands Trout Trail Top Ten Streams for 2016
- Mill Creek - N40.2493 W79.2345. Fish upstream from Ligonier Valley Trail Bridge. Open to public fishing. A tributary of Loyalhanna Creek, it’s fed by exceptional value headwater streams.
- Loyalhanna Creek - N40.2466 W79.2463. One of PA’s eight Keystone Select Stocked Trout Waters within Delayed Harvest Artificial Lures Only section. Public fishing between Route 711 bridge in Ligonier downstream to SR 2045 bridge.
- Linn Run - N40.1690 W79.2336. Fish from Adams Falls picnic area upstream to Linn Run State Park Office. It has high alkalinity coldwater tributaries and is stocked. Streamside rental cottages available.
- Indian Creek - N40.0891 W79.3356. Fish the Delayed Harvest Artificial Lures Only section from Hunters Bridge off Route 381 downstream 1.6 mile to the Route 381 Bridge in Jones Mills.
- Pike Run -- N40.0783 W79.3203. Laurel Hill Trout Farm, on Pike Run, 3 mile east of Jones Mills on the south side of Route 31. Provides fee fishing and tours of their trout hatchery. No license required. Rods may be borrowed; bait is available.
- Laurel Hill Creek, upper section -- N40.0083 W79.2325. A Delayed Harvest Artificial Lures Only section in Laurel Hill State Park begins at the bridge above Laurel Hill Lake.
- Laurel Hill Creek, lower section -- N39.8589 W79.3207. A Delayed Harvest Artificial Lures Only section is located just off Humbert Road north of Confluence PA on PA Route 281.
- Youghiogheny River, Middle Section - N39.8266 W79.3786. The 10 mile section between Ohiopyle and Confluence has an all-tackle Trophy Trout section beginning at the Ramcat access area.
- Youghiogheny Dam - N39.8051 W79.3661. Corps of Engineers campground includes public access to an outstanding year-round tail water trout fishery.
- Meadow Run - N39.8535 W79.4973. This Delayed Harvest Artificial Lures Only stretch begins where the stream crosses under Route 381 in Ohiopyle and extends upstream more than a mile. The lower area has waterfalls and slides. ADA accessible.
Sign Up For Our Email Newsletter