Our Top 10 Streams
- Mill Creek - N40 15 40 W79 12 30 Begins on Mallard Lane off Wilpen Rd. SR1017. It’s a medium-size, riffle run tributary of Loyalhanna Creek. Most of this 3-mi. section is open to public fishing; it’s fed by exceptional value headwater streams.
- Loyalhanna Creek - N40 14 50 W79 14 51 This section is delayed harvest artificial lures only from Route 711 bridge in Ligonier downstream to SR 2045 bridge. This 1.5 mi. area is a larger riffle-run stream.
- Linn Run - N40 09 10 W79 13 20 Runs from Linn Run State Park Office downstream to the park boundary. It has high alkalinity coldwater tributaries and is stocked. Streamside rental cottages available.
- Indian Creek - N40 05 20 W79 20 07 Use the delayed harvest artificial lures only section from Hunters Bridge off Route 381 downstream 1.6 mile to the Route 381 bridge in Jones Mills.
- Stony Creek – N40.01 W78.55 Wild and scenic Brown trout fishery on SR 1007 south of Lincoln Highway, US 30. Park and picnic at restored Glessner Covered Bridge circa 1845.
- Pike Run - N40 04 39 W79 19 02 Laurel Hill Trout Farm, on Pike Run, 3 mi. east of Jones Mills on the south side of Route 31 provides fee fishing and tours of their trout hatchery. No license required. Rods may be borrowed; bait is available.
- Laurel Hill Creek - N40 00 29 W79 13 57 The delayed harvest artificial lures only area in Laurel Hill State Park begins at the bridge above Laurel Hill Lake.
- Youghiogheny River-Middle Section - N39 49 37 W79 22 33 The 10 mi. section between Ohiopyle and Confluence is a tailwater fishery. An all-tackle Trophy Trout section begins downstream at the Ramcat access area.
- Meadow Run - N39 51 47 W79 29 42 This delayed harvest artificial lures only stretch begins where the stream crosses under Route 381 in Ohiopyle and extends upstream more than a mile. The lower area has waterfalls and slides. ADA accessible.
- Quebec Run - N39 44 42 W79 39 25 This 7,000 acre Wild Area offers native brook trout accessible from Mill Run Trail. Great hiking and scenery in this area.